1. I've never won anything until now.
2. The half marathon distance is my favorite distance*.
3. Efo is an inspirational runner, great writer/blogger, and I'm happy to call her my friend. Thanks Efo for having this awesome giveaway on your blog!!!
4. It's a beautiful scenic beach course.
5. This kicks off my 2012 race season! (I'm still working on my race schedule for this year, and once it's done I'll post it.)
I'm super nervous for many reasons:
1. I haven't been running much the past 5 weeks (I have been working out a lot though so at least I'm in shape)
2. My last long run was on Halloween when I ran 9 miles.
3. Between Halloween and my wedding on December 3, I was logged in several 3-4 milers. Since my wedding though, my running has been hardly there (see #1 above).
4. It's a point-to-point race. I have to park at point A, run/walk the race, end at point B, and wait who-knows-how-long for the shuttle to take me back to point A where my car will be.
Having said that, as far as goals are concerned, I only have one: TO HAVE FUN!!! I want to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the oceanfront course and not start off the season with an injury due to lack of training :)
*I have yet to run a full marathon. Once I finish my MBA program this coming winter, I'm going to tackle the 26.2!!!